Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Incidentally

So way back when they discovered Tomas was hanging out on my Carotid, we also found out he had some friends in my Thyroid. I've got a nodule, some cysts, and a Thyroid that is apparently a little over-sized all having a party in my neck. So the doctor put in a consult for that too.

A week or two later yet another issue presented itself. This one is likely related to pregnancy. We're running it to ground to find out and yet another consult was put in. So far there aren't any lumps or bumps involved with this one. I'm sure hoping to keep it that way.

So what that means is I get to see lots of doctors right now. I mean lots of doctors. More doctors than I have seen in years. What's the current count as of now? 2 GPs, a vascular surgeon, a general surgeon, an ENT surgeon. Those are the ones I have seen or will see in person in the coming weeks. Plus there's at least one referral that hasn't been put all the way through yet. And then there's email contact with Doctor Great at NIH, so far....

It also means I've gotten lots of ultrasounds. Every pregnant woman wants to have lots of ultrasounds, right?! EXCEPT WE WANT TO HAVE THEM BE OF THE BABY!!!! Someone didn't get the memo on that. Going on #4 today.

I'm thinking maybe I could start being like a smart-shopper for Doctor's offices. You know, see if there is some program out there that will pay me to visit and critique them? "Nice hold music, but the ceiling tiles have water stains that make me nervous." "Um... was it really necessary to put on a tie-in-the-back gown for that exam? Let's rethink things." What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. How do you do it with the kids?! Do you take them with you to all the appointments? (That sounds like a nightmare...)

    ReplyDelete