Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Conversations snatches at the Roseberry's House Lately

"Honey....  My feet are swollen and my back hurts and I'm tired, and my belly is huge, and I have a tumor, and I just feel SOOOO pregnant....  Could you bring me a glass of water?"  (At least in a few days he'll only have the tumor part to contend with, right?)

"Holy Cow.  We're going to have a baby next week."

"I'm nesting...  Can we get these discs of my MRI and ultrasounds burned so I can send stuff to NIH."  (I've never nested like that before!)

"Holy Cow.  We're going to have a baby next week." 

Andrew:  "Honey...  Are you ok?"
Me with flapping arms:  "NO!"
Andrew:  "What's Wrong?"
Me with flapping arms:  "Oh...  I dunno...  I'm having a baby  next week and I have a lot to get done and we're going to Seattle to have it and the doctor doesn't think my body will do well with the induction the first time and I'm terrified and I have a tumor that's being removed on the other side of the country sometime after the baby gets here....  DON'T I HAVE A RIGHT TO FREAK OUT, DANG IT?"
Andrew completely in control:  "Of course, honey."

"Holy Cow.  We're going to have THREE KIDS NEXT WEEK?!"

"The doctor says this baby is going to be huge.  I mean huge.  A huge baby.  I'm having a huge baby."

"I'm having a BABY next week?!  Why didn't anyone tell me I was gonna have a baby?!  I don't think I know what to do with a baby anymore.  We're toast!"

"I can't wait to meet her and find out what kind of a personality she's going to have and see her squishy cheeks!  Oh...  She's gonna be huge."

"We're having a BABY next week!  Awww...  I'm so excited!"

Yes....  I am alternately manic with preparations, amazingly calm, and totally freaked out this week.  The doctor prepared me at our last OB visit that the induction process might take a couple of tries and that I should prepare myself to see a lot of UW next week.  I'm trying to gear up mentally for that.  In the end I  know it'll be worth it to meet this little girl.  I try to keep thoughts about the reasons for being in Seattle at bay.  I don't even want to entertain the idea of "something tumor-related happening."  I'm just planning on them not happening.

In my less together moments I find that I get overwhelmed by the thought that all the things that we've only been planning for up to now will start becoming reality this week, and while the reality of baby girl will surely be wonderful and miraculous, the realities that will come after and in contingency with a very small baby girl are a little daunting.

We keep plugging along though.  We ARE excited and delighted about next week (as well as overwhelmed and terrified as you always are when you prepare to bring home a new wee one).  The most important thing right now is getting this newest little Sweetheart girl here safely, and that is what we shall do...

I just hope she cooperates the first time around and we can bring her home to be this Thanksgiving's Pumpkin Pie.  :)

2 comments: