Monday, November 22, 2010

NO MORE INTERESTINGNESS

*sigh*

We're supposed to go in to Labor and Delivery this evening for the induction.

I came down with a head cold this weekend.... 

And...

It's snowing.  It never snows here.  It's sticking.  It's accumulating.  Quickly.  When it does snow here, it rarely sticks for long.  It's dumping from here to Seattle where I'm delivering.  And it's supposed to continue snowing all day and stay cold which means it's not going anywhere.

It's a two hour drive to the hospital. 

I'm waiting to hear if they're going to postpone the induction or not.  I'm hoping that they do.  On the other hand, even though I typically go late, I'm nervous that I'll end up going into labor on my own and need to get there anyway.

I'm all for looking at life as a grand adventure.  And I took my pastor's message seriously yesterday--I'm trying to use the flash light of gratefulness to look at my life rather than seeing everything through dark glasses (which is why I went outside and made snow angels with the girls). 

But it's time for things to not be interesting.  It's time for a clear path.  It's time to get baby here safely with no more curves or interesting turns of events. 

Can I get some people praying on that one, please?

3 comments:

  1. Praying that God's will be done, Val and that baby arrives safely and soon!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, We are praying for the snow to melt and that you will get that little girl here very soon and that everything will go good with the delivery.

    ReplyDelete