Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Ragamuffins Demand to Know...

Days 1 and 2 of testing are over.  I finally got to meet the amazing Dr. Pacak today.  He's very much a pheo-para celebrity, and totally deserves to be.  He reminds me of a benevolent ruler and it makes me smile to see that while he calls the shot and knows the BIG PICTURE he trusts that the details will be taken care of by those who work with him.

The NIH is huge and overwhelming.  I feel like I've been lost for two full days, but I've gotten very good at asking people for directions.  Maybe by the end of the week they'll stop pulling out new places for me to find and I'll feel oriented.  I doubt it though.

We got some preliminary results from some of the tests today, but they were very preliminary.  We don't really know what they mean yet.  I have a fine needle aspiration scheduled on Thursday for the nodule on my Thyroid that I'm not looking forward to at all and the date of my surgery is apparently fairly 'fluid.'  So...  who knows when exactly it will happen, but certainly (at least I sure hope so) sometime next week.

Ms. Lainey is very, very fussy in the evenings.  Overwhelming testing all day plus fussy baby at night makes for tired Mommy (and Daddy). 

We might get a chance to get out and explore a little tomorrow, or we may just rest.  Unless something changes I don't have anything scheduled.

 I should tell you all what a Goobie-head I looked like in the high-water pants I accidentally picked out to wear for scans.  Let's just say that they so didn't work with the shoes and socks I had to wear.  Oh well...  No metal grommets = made my life easier.   So glad nobody from "What Not to Wear" came and tackled me.  THAT is one of my biggest fears (and probably with good reason).

Tiggers don't like MRI contrast.  It makes me need to sneeze and cough all at once about 30 seconds after it's injected.  It wasn't anything major and didn't even interrupt the testing too much, but was interesting nonetheless. 

Also hep-locks and needy babies do not good bedfellows make.

That's all I got today...  There are more stories, but I'll have to tell them later or in person.  I'm just too exhausted right now.  Hopefully I'll have more pep in my step (or at least in my blog) here soon.  Until then, keep sending up the prayers.  They are both felt and needed.  So thankful for all of  your love.

1 comment:

  1. So glad for the update, I am hoping that you are able to get some rest tonight and tomorrow. I am a what not to wear poster child, so I am glad you have come over to my side.

    Hang in there, we are praying for you and we are glad you are in such great hands.

    ReplyDelete